The Invisible War - Documentary Feature Nominee 2012 - recap

I have so many movies to watch (748), that I would not normally go back to a movie that I have already reviewed, and not that long ago, but this movie was special. The Invisible War impacted me so much that I talk about it to people whenever I can and it is one of the few things I pay attention to on Facebook. The Invisible War tells the shocking stories of women and men sexually assaulted in the military, and the incredible fight they have within the military to tell their stories and see any kind of justice. Currently in Washington, D.C. there are hearings in Congress trying to change the way assaults are reported and handled. This has been an issue that crosses gender and party lines, with Sen. Kirsten Gillebrand, D-NY leading the charge, but there are many others. The reason for this brief recap is PBS, the American public television channel, is broadcasting The Invisible War on Monday, May 13, 2013, and if you can watch it, DVR it or use your old-fashioned VHS, please do. There have been a lot of changes within Washington and some within the military because of the impact of this movie, and I really believe more can and should happen. The women and men in the military (yes, Rush Limbaugh, you toad, it happens to men, too) sacrifice enough to defend our country and to help others, they should not have to worry about being sexually assaulted and watching their attackers go free, or heaven forbid, get promoted. These women and men deserve to have their stories heard by as many people as possible.

Whiling away the time while staying at home

There is no denying that these are very strange and tumultuous we're living in. Obviously I haven't been blogging too much lately, i...