Left wanting more


A Fish Called Wanda 10/21/2012 Best Supporting Actor 1988

I've been trying to think why it has taken so long to review this movie, one of the funniest movies ever (or so I've been told). It might be my brain is unaccustomed to humor after all the serious downer films I've watched lately, or perhaps it wasn't all that funny. I think it’s somewhere in between. Kevin Kline won for Best Supporting Actor as the rabid, manic, pseudo-enlightened Otto. Eh. I actually thought Michael Palin and John Cleese were funnier, especially the story line with Michael Palin as Ken, who loves animals and experiences an unfortunate series of events; reminding me of a great skit from a sketch comedy series (not quite Python-esque). The movie is about a jewel heist and the aftermath as the thieves back-stab each other and the story goes all over as Wanda (Jamie Lee Curtis) has relationships with whoever will get her closer to the jewels. John Cleese is one of those men, and he finds himself in some interesting situations as well. It was funny in parts, but made me think more about Python than anything else. So, I leave it up to you. I feel the same way I do after I have lunch at this Greek place in the skyway, high hopes only to feel sort of satisfied when I’m done, and thinking I should have had LeeAnn Chin instead.

Whiling away the time while staying at home

There is no denying that these are very strange and tumultuous we're living in. Obviously I haven't been blogging too much lately, i...