Oscar madness - the countdown to 2/22/2015 begins

This is a quick and dirty blog on the day of the Oscar nominations. My head is spinning, and I couldn't wait to get home to compare notes and see how well I had done in anticipation of the 2/22/2015 ceremony. And the results are: not bad. I have a little over a month to see around 28 films, not including the shorts which I hope are shown at one time at a local theater. So, in an effort to provide easy access to the movies I have already seen and reviewed, the links are below. Stay tuned because there are more updates to follow. The goal is within sight.

Captain America: Winter Soldier (filmed in Cleveland)

The Grand Budapest Hotel (a personal favorite)

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Maleficent (should have received more nominations)

Guardians of the Galaxy (good times)

The LEGO Movie (shocked that it was not nominated for best animated feature, but hoping that bodes well for Box Trolls)

Birdman and The Theory of Everything (two great movies)

Foxcatcher, Wild, Into the Woods, Unbroken - someone needs to explain to me why Foxcatcher is so good, because I don't think so. Unbroken is underrepresented, and hoping for good things for Wild.

Whew. Catch ya later.


Whiling away the time while staying at home

There is no denying that these are very strange and tumultuous we're living in. Obviously I haven't been blogging too much lately, i...